Diabetes-focused Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)June 15, 2020
Tuscan Portobello StewJune 15, 2020
- Primera Red Rice
- Red kidney beans
- Fresh mushrooms
- Carrot / baby carrots
- Diced tomatoes (canned)
- Red grape juice / red wine
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Himalayan salt
Cook Primera Red Rice
- Wash 1 cup Primera Red Rice
- Drain the water completely
- Add in 2 cups water
- Cook as usual
Prepare Manchester Stew
- Sauté diced onion (2 medium-sized) and minced garlic (5 cloves) until fragrant.
- Add 1 cup of red grape juice or red wine and bring to boil.
- Add 1.5 cups of potatoes, 1 can of red kidney beans, 2 cups of fresh mushrooms, 2 medium-sized leeks, 1.5 carrots or baby carrots and 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Mix well.
- Add 2.5 cups of water, 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon dried thyme and 1 teaspoon oregano.
- Mix well, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve with chopped basil leaf.